We recommend that you set up direct deposit for any future financial refunds. It's the fastest and most secure way to receive your refund!
Sign up for direct deposit for 49 chances to win!
This fall, if you sign up to receive future financial aid refunds through direct deposit, you will have 49 chances to win a prize!
Prizes range from a $50 Amazon Gift Card to an Apple MacBook Air. Sign up as early as possible for the most chances to win a prize! See the chart below for information on the drawings for prizes this Fall!
|Enroll in Direct Deposit...||Prize*|
|Before Aug. 31||
Apple MacBook Air (1 winner)
$100 Barnes & Noble Gift Card (10 winners)
|Before Sep. 30||$100 in Declining Balance funds (10 winners)|
|Before Oct. 31||$50 Amazon Gift Card (23 winners)|
|Before Nov. 30||Apple AirPods (5 winners)|
We are excited to offer these prizes and hope you will sign up for direct deposit!
Benefits of receiving your refund by direct deposit
- Direct Deposit is the fastest and most secure way to receive your refund. Get your money faster!
- By electing this option, your refund will be directly deposited into your checking or savings account, at the financial institution of your choice, which will ultimately be faster than waiting for the check to arrive in the mail.
- Please be sure to keep your bank account information up to date in my.uncc.edu. Failure to have current direct deposit information will delay your refund.
How to sign up for (or update) direct deposit
- Log in to my.uncc.edu using your NinerNET username and password
- Click on your Direct Deposit message in the Student Account Block.
- If not shown, click Banner Self-Service>Student Services/Student Accounts>Student Accounts/Payments
- Select Direct Deposit Enrollment
- Read and select the Continue button to agree to terms and conditions
- Verify your identity by selecting a delivery method (either your cell phone or personal non-uncc email address) and select Send
- Enter the Identification Code you received via Phone/Email in the text box provided and select the Continue button
- Follow the instructions on the enrollment and change screen to add your bank account information (or edit the existing bank account information)
- Select Add Account button to complete enrollment or the Save Changes button to update existing bank account information
- Select the Exit option toward the top left of the screen
*To be eligible for prizes, entrants must be students enrolled in Fall 2021 and have an active direct deposit account by 11:59 PM EST on the drawing date. The earlier you sign up, the more chances you have to win. Winners will be emailed at their uncc.edu email address within 1 week after each drawing date to redeem their prizes. Prize winners are eligible for future drawings. All prizes are subject to applicable income taxes. Prizes to students who are also employees will be processed through payroll and subject to federal and state withholding taxes. Prizes to non-employees are subject to 1099 reporting if certain thresholds are met (see UP 602.11). Contact a tax advisor for additional guidance. Non-student faculty and staff are not eligible.