Fall 2019 - Distance Ed
Summer 2019 - Distance Ed
Spring 2019 - Distance Ed
More About Distance Ed Charges
To determine how tuition and fees will be charged:
- Student registered in all Distance Education courses:
- Billed at DE rate
- Student registered in both Distance Education and Main Campus courses:
- If you are less than full time in Main Campus credit hours, you will be billed at the stair-step rate for Main Campus credit hours and the per credit hour rate for DE credit hours.
- If you are full-time in Main Campus credit hours, you will not be charged for the DE credit hours.
- In other words, Distance Education courses will be billed at the DE rate and Main Campus courses will be billed at the Main Campus rate, unless you are full time (12+ hours for Undergrad level, 9+ hours for Grad level) in Main Campus courses.
- Distance Education vs. Main Campus online courses - It is important to note that not all online courses at UNC Charlotte are designated as ‘DE’. To locate Distance Education courses from Banner's "Class Schedule Search" page, select "Distance Education" in the Campus field.
- Tuition rates are reviewed by the University's Board of Trustees and the Board of Governors of the University of North Carolina System and set annually by the North Carolina legislature.
- Fees are reviewed and approved by the University's Board of Trustees with final approval pending the Board of Governors of the University of North Carolina System review.
- Tuition and fees are billed by the semester for fall and spring terms and by credit hour for summer terms.
- Twelve or more credit hours are considered full-time for undergraduates and nine or more credit hours are considered full-time for graduates.