Tuition and fees primarily support the operations and expansion of UNC Charlotte. These fees are mandatory for every student and cannot be waived.
- UNC Charlotte is a publicly-supported institution and primarily receives its revenue from the State of NC appropriations in addition to tuition and fees.
- Tuition and fees are approved by the Student Representatives, UNC Charlotte Board of Trustees, and the UNC Board of Governors.
- Tuition rates are also approved by the NC General Assembly.
This is a consolidated fee that relates to University debt service payments (to construct new facilities and purchase administrative computing systems) and to support other activities/operations including Athletics programs and events, Student Activity Center operations, and Cone Center operations. The following fees are consolidated into the General Fees.
- Athletics - Funds intercollegiate athletics, including salaries and maintenance and operation of athletic facilities.
- Student Activities - Funds nonacademic student services (student unions, intramural facilities, student organizations, newspapers, yearbooks, and entertainment programs).
- Debt Service - Funds the principal and interest for capital projects. An example for UNC Charlotte includes the Student Union, Football Stadium, and Student Activity Facility.