Tuition and fees primarily support the operations and expansion of UNC Charlotte. These fees are mandatory for every student and cannot be waived.
- UNC Charlotte is a publicly-supported institution and primarily receives its revenue from the State of NC appropriations in addition to tuition and fees.
- Changes to tuition and fees are reviewed by the Student Tuition & Fees Advisory Board (comprised of 100% students), then approved by UNC Charlotte Board of Trustees and the UNC Board of Governors.
- Tuition rates are also approved by the NC General Assembly.
NOTE: Some or all instructional formats for all or part of the 2020-21 academic year may change due to the public health emergency caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. As has always been the case, tuition and fees are charged at the beginning of the semester and will remain in place regardless of any changes in instructional format. Tuition and fees will not be refunded in the event that instructional format changes for any part of the 2020-21 academic year.
This is a consolidated fee that relates to University debt service payments (to construct new facilities and purchase administrative computing systems) and to support other activities/operations including Athletics programs and events, Student Activity Center operations, and Cone Center operations. The following fees are consolidated into the General Fees.
- Athletics - Funds intercollegiate athletics, including salaries and maintenance and operation of athletic facilities.
- Student Activities - Funds nonacademic student services (student union, recreation facilities, student organizations, newspapers, and entertainment programs).
- Debt Service - Funds the principal and interest for capital projects. An example for UNC Charlotte includes the Student Union, Football Stadium, and Student Activity Facility.
- Housing rates include rent, utilities (including internet, cable + HBO and laundry) and membership in the Resident Students Association (RSA).
- Dining/Meal plan rates can be found on the Dining Services website.
- Parking fees can be found on the Parking And Transportation Services (PATS) website.
Changes to tuition and fees are reviewed by the Student Tuition & Fees Advisory Board (comprised of 100% students), then approved by UNC Charlotte Board of Trustees and the UNC Board of Governors.
- View Undergraduate fee comparison (Fall 2019-Spring 2020 to Fall 2020-Spring 2021)
- View Graduate fee comparison (Fall 2019-Spring 2020 to Fall 2020-Spring 2021)