Prior to graduation, an undergraduate student may change from one degree program or area of academic concentration to another.
Prior to changing your major and/or minor
- We encourage you to consider the implications on time-to-degree and cost.
- View DegreeWorks to research majors and academic progression.
To change your major or minor
- Meet the prerequisites for admission to the new program.
- Get approval from your academic department.
- The department will send the major change information to the Office of the Registrar.
To drop a major or minor
If you would like to drop your major or minor, using your uncc email address, send a request to email@example.com identifying:
- Your name
- Your student ID number
- Statement specifying “I want to drop my [insert major/minor name].”
Change of major on admissions application, before enrollment/registration
- If you listed a major on your admission application, but you want to change that major, please send an email requesting the major change to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name and date of birth in the email.
- The admissions office will review your major change request and notify you of their decision.