Readmission relates to students who are former degree-seeking undergraduate students of UNC Charlotte.
Applying for Readmission
You would need to apply for undergraduate readmission if you:
- Earned your first degree at UNC Charlotte and would like to return to earn a minor, second major, or second degree. Second degree seeking students cannot be University college students.
- Are a previous degree-seeking student that transferred out of UNC Charlotte, and earned a Bachelor’s degree at another institution.
- Have been previously placed on Academic Suspension or Disciplinary Suspension. (Read more about readmission qualifications after being suspended.)
- Have not been enrolled for 12 consecutive months after the semester last attended at UNC Charlotte.
- Example: You attended the spring 2019 semester and did not enroll by the spring 2020 semester.
Note: All readmit students are former degree-seeking undergraduate students of UNC Charlotte. If you have never been an undergraduate student seeking a degree, you will not be considered a readmit student. You should apply for undergraduate admission as a new student instead. If you are applying as a post-baccalaureate or graduate student, please visit the Graduate Admissions website.
- Once you have received your official acceptance email for readmission, you must contact the International Student and Scholar office to request and/or upload your I-20 or DS-2019 form.
Readmission Application Deadlines
Payment must be made by the deadline date for an application to be considered submitted by the deadline.
- Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education - Distance Education - March 15
- Applications for the 2021 TA to Teacher Cohort are now closed. The next available readmission term is Summer 2022.
Applying for Summer
- If you want to return for Summer First Half or Full Term, we encourage you to apply no later than May 7th, to allow for sufficient processing time before the first day of classes.
- Approved applications submitted after May 18 will only have the opportunity to register for Summer Second Half term.
- 2021 Summer First Half Term and Full Term classes begin on May 24.
- 2021 Summer Second Half Term classes begin on July 6.
- Complete an online Readmission Application Form. Register for a readmission account and proceed to apply.
- Submit a non-refundable application fee of $75 along with your readmission application.
- Submit an official transcript from each institution you have attended since leaving UNC Charlotte.
- You may have your official transcript/s sent electronically to email@example.com or have them mailed to the Office of the Registrar, King Building, 9201 University City Blvd Charlotte NC 28223.
- Please make sure that they are sent to our office. Other departments cannot forward transcripts to us if they receive them.
- The average turnaround time is four weeks once the readmit application becomes complete (all documents are received).
- Due to extenuating circumstances related to COVID-19, processing times may be longer than the average four week turnaround, after the application becomes complete.
- Your readmission to the university is only good for the semester for which you applied and are readmitted. If you choose not to enroll, you must reapply for any future term that you wish to attend.
- If you decide not to come to UNC Charlotte after submitting an application, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will withdraw your application.
- To learn more about Readmission to the University and forgiveness policies at UNC Charlotte, please read the Frequently Asked Questions.
- For questions regarding Readmission, please contact us at Readmission@uncc.edu.