Be aware of course requirements and prerequisites when registering for courses.
If you registered for a course but don’t meet the prerequisites, you will be dropped from that course.
- This process happens prior to the term for which you have registered.
- You can view course descriptions and requirements in the university catalog.
When your class is dropped, it is immediate and final.
- The vacated seat in the class(es) will not be held and the seats will be available immediately to other registering students.
- The registration system will prevent you from re-registering into these dropped courses for unmet prerequisites.
Why was I originally allowed to register for the course?
- When you originally registered for the course, the registration system assumes your in-progress courses will be successfully completed, and that you will stay in the major that you were in when you registered.
- Your registration is reviewed prior to the start of the semester and any changes (i.e., not passing a prerequisite course, changing your major) may affect your eligibility for the registered course.
Requests for Prerequisite Overrides
- Niner Central and the Office of the Registrar do not manage course requirements and therefore cannot authorize prerequisite overrides, nor provide prerequisite information/changes.
- If you have questions regarding course prerequisites, please contact the department offering that particular course/section.
- We encourage you to contact your academic advisor to request assistance in identifying appropriate course alternatives.