Waitlisting allows you to add yourself to a “list” for classes that are full.
If a class is full, you may be able to add yourself to the waitlist. You will receive an email if a seat has opened up and it is your turn to register for the class.
- You can see if a section has waitlist available by looking at the WLcolumns in the schedule of classes.
- Not all departments use waitlists for registration.
- The time you have to act is limited! Be sure to monitor your university email every day for updates
- Important: Do not expend time or effort making inquiries regarding your position on the waitlist. This information will not be provided. You will receive an email when it is your turn.
- You have to meet course prerequisites before you add yourself to a waitlist.
- If you are waitlisted you are not registered for the class.
- If you are waitlisted you are not guaranteed a seat in the class.
- If seats become available, the first students on the “list” are sent a notification to their UNC Charlotte email account and given the opportunity to register.
- You are only able to add yourself to a waitlist if the class is full and the department has made waitlist available.
- When you attempt to register, you may receive the error message “Closed – X Waitlisted”.
- To add yourself to the waitlist, select this option from the Action column.
- To add yourself to the waitlist, select the **Waitlist-Not Registered** option from the Action column
- No, academic departments have the authority to choose which sections will have a waitlist and which will not.
If a waitlist is full because it reached maximum enrollment, please continue to check Banner Self-Service frequently to see if space becomes available or additional sections become available. As the registration period progresses and you are still unable to secure a seat in the course, please contact your Academic Advisor for alternative course options for the term.
Note: It is helpful to check for open seats during the period just after grades are posted for each term. Enrollment can change frequently during this time.
- If you are notified of an open seat go to the “Add/Drop/Withdraw Classes” link in Banner Self-Service and select Web Registered from the Action drop down.
- If you are no longer interested in this section, no action is necessary.