Registration reminders for Summer 2021
Summer term names
- Summer term is organized in three terms:
- Summer First Half
- Summer Second Half
- Summer Full Term
- This is helpful to know when filtering your schedule for classes by session.
- Most courses will be held online in Summer 2021, but there are several on-campus options. Pay attention to the “Instructional Method” on the course schedule for details.
Applying for summer financial aid
- Pell grants - If you received Pell grants in fall or spring, you may be eligible for Pell grants in summer. Read more about Pell eligibility here.
- Loans - If you are interested in taking out loans for the summer, you will need to apply for them. Read more about the process here.
Receiving financial aid
- If you are registered for classes in both Summer First Half and Summer Second Half, or if you are registered for Summer Full Term, your financial aid will be disbursed (applied) to your account at the beginning of Summer First Half.
- If you only registered for Summer Second Half classes, your financial aid will be disbursed (applied) to your account at the beginning of Summer Second Half.
applied to account
|First Day||Add/Drop||Census||Withdrawal||Term Ends|
|Full Term||May 14||May 24||May 25||Jul 8||Jul 9||Aug 11|
|First Half||May 14||May 24||May 25||Jul 8||Jun 14||Jun 30|
|Second Half||Jul 1*||Jul 6||Jul 7||Jul 8||Jul 26||Aug 11|
* Applies to students who are enrolled only for Second Half
Registering for prerequisite classes in Second Half
If you are taking a prerequisite class in First Half that is required for a class in Summer Second Half, you may need to meet with your advisor to get an override that will allow you to register for both classes before the beginning of the Summer First Half.
Summer bill due dates
- Summer payment due dates are posted here.
- If you register for ANY summer classes on or before May 25, your payment is due May 25.
- If payment is not received by May 25, 2021, ALL Summer courses registered for at that point will be cancelled.
- If you register for Summer Second Half classes between May 26 and July 7, or incur any new charges after May 25, your payment is due July 7.
- There is only one summer payment plan offered, and it breaks up your balance into 3 installments.
- Enrollment for the Summer payment plan opens on May 1.
- The installment due dates are: May 26, June 16, & July 7.
- Note that these are all due prior to Summer Second Half.
- So if you are only taking classes in Summer Second Half and you need a payment plan, be sure to register for those classes early, and sign up for the payment plan before May 28.
- The fee to sign up for a summer payment plan is $15.
Withdrawing from all summer classes
- If you need to withdraw from all your Summer First Half classes after you received your financial aid disbursement, and you aren’t registered in any summer second half classes before you withdraw, you may be required to pay back some or all of the financial aid you received.
- In addition, if you withdraw from all your summer classes anytime after the add/drop deadline, you cannot subsequently register for a Summer Second Half class.
- Everyone’s situation is different, so we encourage you to contact Niner Central FIRST if you are considering withdrawing from any classes so we can guide you through your options.