The cost of attendance is an ESTIMATED full and reasonable cost of completing a full year as a full-time student. It is an AVERAGE amount for what your expenses might be - your cost of attendance may vary from this estimate. The cost of attendance estimate incorporates tuition and fees, books and supplies, room and board, transportation, and miscellaneous costs.
Explanation of Charges
- Direct Costs are charges that show on your university bill.
- Direct costs are those costs paid directly to UNC Charlotte and billed through your My UNC Charlotte account, and for which you may set up a payment plan.
- Direct costs typically include:
- Your actual direct costs will vary depending on whether you attend full or part-time, which residence hall you live in, the meal plan you choose, etc.
- Indirect Costs are those not payable to UNC Charlotte and will not show on your student account of bill.
- These charges are estimated to establish your overall cost of attendance.
- Indirect costs typically include:
- Books and Supplies
- Off-Campus Housing
- Miscellaneous Expenses