If the information reported on your FAFSA changes mid-year, you may be selected for "Verification."
Why did this happen?
- We received an updated FAFSA that has conflicting information from the FAFSA that we originally received.
- Because the information on the new FAFSA is different from your first FAFSA for the same year, we need you to confirm why the information changed.
- This is what we call the "verification process".
What do you need to do?
- Look in your account in My UNC Charlotte. Here you will see what additional documents you need to submit to verify the correct financial information for your FAFSA.
- If you don't submit these forms by the May 30th deadline, we cannot reinstate your Pell grant award. Therefore, you will have a balance due to the university.
Your Next Steps:
Follow these instructions to view the required documents needed to complete your audit process:
- Log in to Banner Self-Service in My UNC Charlotte.
- Click on "Check Here To See If You Have Missing Requirements or Holds" in the Financial Aid Tab.
- Select the aid year and click Submit.
- Review your unsatisfied requirements.
- Submit all requested information via fax to 704-687-1425.
We will review and process your submitted documents within 15 business days. If you have any other questions after reviewing your account, you may call our office at 704-687-5504.
- The deadline to submit these forms is May 30.