Entrance Counseling is a federal requirement for all Direct Loan recipients. The funds for your loan will not be put in your account until you have completed the counseling.
Entrance Counseling provides you with information about:
- Your rights and responsibilities as a borrower
- Interest rates, expenses, repayment plans, and other important details about borrowing
- Who to contact with questions
How to complete Entrance Counseling
- Go to the Entrance Counseling page on StudentAid.gov
- Click "Log in to Start." (Note: You will need your FAFSA Student Aid ID to access the Entrance Counseling session. If you do not have your federal ID, you can create a new FSA ID here.
- Follow the directions to complete your Entrance Counseling.
- Print your confirmation page and keep for your records. Your confirmation will be electronically submitted to our office by the federal government.