There are many different types of financial aid available to students. Only one application is required to apply for all these types of financial aid; it is commonly referred to as the “FAFSA”.
Types of Financial Aid
- Federal grants
- State grants
- Student and parent loans
- Work-study employment
How to Apply for Aid
- To apply for federal or state financial aid, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year at fafsa.ed.gov.
- You do not have to complete a FAFSA for each institution to which you have applied for admission.
- Include the UNC Charlotte school code (002975) on the application so that we receive your FAFSA information.
When to Apply
It’s important to get started applying for financial aid as soon as possible. Begin the process of gathering your information early.
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available online at www.fafsa.gov.
- You will need to have your completed prior year's federal income tax returns (and those of your parents or spouse, if applicable) with you when you fill out the FAFSA.
- Enter the UNC Charlotte school code in the school section so we receive your application. Our school code is 002975.
- If you complete and submit your FAFSA by January 1, you will receive your award decision by March 1.
- After March 1, to view your award, log into my.uncc.edu using your NinerNET username and password and click on the Banner Self-Service icon.
- If you complete and submit your FAFSA after January 1 and no later than March 1, you will receive your award decision by April 15.
- After April 15, to view your award, log into my.uncc.edu using your NinerNET username and password and click on the Banner Self-Service icon.
- If you have missed this deadline, we encourage you to complete the FAFSA as soon as possible, even if you haven’t received your acceptance letter..
- If you complete and submit your FAFSA after Mar. 1, you will receive your award decision on a rolling basis as funds are available.
- Students enrolled for Fall (those registered for classes) will receive an eBill via their campus email in July. Paper bills will NOT be mailed.
- The eBill reflects all charges and credits on your account. The payment due date will be posted on the eBill.
- You may enroll in the UNC Charlotte Payment Plan to spread out payments into installments.
- A 10% deposit and non-refundable enrollment fee of $55.00 will be charged when you sign up for the payment plan each semester.