SOAR (Orientation) assists you with your transition to UNC Charlotte, and allows you to meet with an academic advisor and register for classes. (For undergraduate students only.)
At SOAR, you will learn important information about the university and all of the services in place to promote your success.
Who must attend
- All new, undergraduate students entering in the fall, spring, and summer II semesters must attend SOAR.
- There is no SOAR program offered for students who are starting in summer I. However, it is mandatory for summer I students to meet with an academic advisor in order to register for classes.
About the program
- During SOAR, students will meet with an academic advisor, take placement tests, and register for classes.
- New students will have a student orientation counselor and will participate in activities as part of a small group.
SOAR for Parents
- A concurrent program is held for parents so that they may also become familiar with UNC Charlotte.