A transcript is a complete record of a student's academic history. Paper transcripts are free of charge; electronic transcripts have a fee of $3.50.
- Please confirm receipt of all your grades and/or the awarding of your degree prior to ordering an official transcript by viewing an unofficial transcript in Banner Self Service through your My UNC Charlotte account.
- Unofficial Transcripts: Once you have signed in, follow these steps in Banner Self Service to view an unofficial transcript: Student Services/Student Accounts > Student Records > Unofficial Transcript
- Currently enrolled students in the last 12 months (active): Order through Banner Self-Service via my.uncc.edu.
- Students not enrolled for more than 12 months (inactive): First, access our online portal via legacyssb.uncc.edu to set up a username and password. Future access to Banner Self Service will be accessible through selfservice.uncc.edu.
- (For alumni who attended before 1988, please see step 5 in the Transcript Formats and Delivery Methods section).
Steps in Banner Self Service to order an official transcript: Student Services/Student Accounts > Student Records > Request (Electronic) Official Transcript (eTranscript) or Request (Paper) Official Transcript. Follow the remaining prompts.
1. Electronic PDF Transcripts
- Electronic PDF transcript delivered to email address (employer, prospective employer, yourself, etc.) or any North Carolina Transcript Exchange college or university.
- eTranscripts are available through the National Student Clearinghouse’s secure website which can be accessed through Banner Self Service (see instructions in previous section).
2. Paper Transcripts - Mailed through USPS
- Status of paper transcript requests made through Banner Self Service can be viewed on the Student Records page by clicking “View Status of Transcript Requests.” Please allow at least one business day to see an updated status.
- Timing: Once the request for an official transcript is received, it can take up to 10 business days to be delivered in the mail.
3. In-Person Requests - For Pick up
- Transcripts should be ordered through Banner Self Service when possible prior to pick up.
- A valid photo ID is required to pick up transcripts. Transcripts can be picked up by another individual on a student’s behalf only if the student has given written permission through a completed Student Consent for Access to Education Records Form or through their Guest Access Portal. These access requests should be on file with the University prior to pick up.
- In-person transcript services are available between the hours of 8am-6pm, Monday-Friday (except during observed holidays) at Niner Central in the Cone Center.
- Unclaimed transcripts will be destroyed if not picked up within six months of date ordered.
4. Transcript Requests Requiring Companion Documents
- Active students can request an official transcript to be sent with a companion document by going to Transcript Order Form with Companion Documents.
- Complete a Transcript Request Form and email the form to email@example.com.
Office of the Registrar staff will build legacy transcript(s) in our new student system and send students a detailed email with instructions on how to order future transcripts (including eTranscripts). Please allow 3-5 business days for processing transcript requests.
- Complete record - We provide both undergraduate and graduate coursework upon request. A transcript is an exact and complete record of a student's academic history; therefore the University will not issue a partial transcript.
- Holds - Make sure that you have no outstanding financial obligations to the university. If your academic record has a financial hold, transcript requests will not be processed.
- Sealed - Official transcripts are printed on Script Safe paper and sealed in a UNC Charlotte business envelope.
- Transcript Fax Number - 704-687-6121