You may request transcripts of your academic record for both undergraduate and/or graduate course work.
- Complete record - A transcript is an exact and complete record of a student's academic history; therefore the University will not issue a partial transcript.
- Holds - If the academic record has a hold flag on it for failure to meet financial obligations or for any other reasons, transcript requests will not be processed.
- Sealed - Official transcripts are printed on Script Safe paper and sealed in a UNC Charlotte business envelope.
Review your unofficial transcript through Banner Self-Service for the completion of grades and awarding of degrees. Please order official transcripts the next business day after confirming that all term grades are complete to ensure that they are included on the transcript.
- Access is available through Banner Self-Service or through the National Student Clearinghouse website.
2. Online Requests
- Currently enrolled students in the last 12 months (active): Order through Banner Self-Service via my.uncc.edu.
- Students not enrolled for more than 12 months (inactive): First, reactivate your Banner Self-Service account. Once a new password is obtained, order through Banner Self-Service via my.uncc.edu.
- To access the transcript ordering link in Banner Self-Service: select Student Services/Student Accounts Tab > Student Records > Request (Electronic) Official Transcript (eTranscript) link or Request (Paper) Official Transcript link. Then follow the remaining prompts.
- Status of orders can be viewed in Banner Self-Service on the Student Records page under the “View Status of Transcript Requests” link on the next business day.
3. In-Person Requests
- Transcripts should be ordered through Banner Self Service when possible prior to pickup.
- A valid picture ID is required for pickup transcripts and can be issued to the student requesting the transcript or to a third party to whom the student has given access through a completed Student Consent for Access to Education Records Form or through our Guest Access Portal.
- These access requests should be on file with our office prior to pickup.
- In-person transcript services are available between the hours of 8am-6pm, Monday-Friday (except during observed holidays) and can be picked up at Niner Central in the Cone Center.
- Unclaimed transcripts will be destroyed if not picked-up within six months of date ordered.
4. Transcript Requests Requiring Companion Documents (Currently Active Students Only)
- Currently active students with NinerNET Credentials can request a transcript and upload a file to accompany it by using the form Transcript Order Form with Companion Document.
- Non-current inactive students should email a completed Transcript Request Form along with companion document via email to email@example.com or fax a request form to 704-687-6121 along with companion document.
- Request an official transcript by completing a Transcript Request Form that can be mailed, emailed or faxed to our office.
- Status of orders can be viewed in Banner Self Service on the Student Records page under the “View Status of Transcript Requests” link on the next business day.
To access the transcript ordering link in Banner Self Service: select Student Services/Student Accounts Tab > Student Records > Request Official Transcript link. Then follow the remaining prompts.
- Contact IT Service Desk at 704-687-5500 for assistance with NinerNET Username and Password.
- Contact Niner Central at 704-687-5506 for resolution of financial holds.
- Contact the IT Service Desk at 704-687-5500 for instructions on how to print and save an unofficial transcript in PDF format.